Simply Pure Sunscreen SPF 30
About the product:
• Moisturizing and enriching skin with Vitamin E
• Zinc Oxide forms a surface layer on the skin to reflect UV rays
• More photostable than chemical sunscreen so lasts longer on skin
• 100% cruelty free, vegan, reef safe, hypoallergenic
• Free of fragrance, parabens, phthalates, dyes, and irritating chemicals.
• Dermatologist recommended- The broad spectrum sunscreen features SPF 30, protecting you from the sun’s harmful rays and preventing premature skin-aging
• The squeezable sunscreen tube is perfect for outdoor activities
• Features a screw-on cap with a top lid that flips open/closed for easy application.
• Compact size (2 oz. ) of the tube makes it easy to fit in your pack or bag.
Conventional sunscreens have many concerns due to the toxicity in their ingredients. Conventional sunscreens are made with various chemicals- oxybenzone, avobenzone, octisalate, octocrylene, homosalate, and octinoxate and some of these chemicals are known to be absorbed into the skin and cause a hormone disruption in human and DNA damage to coral reefs. In 2018, Hawaii passed a bill to ban these chemical sunscreens harming the coral reefs to protect our ecosystem.
Knowing all these side effects of traditional sunscreens, we wanted to create a mineral based natural sunscreen composed of zinc oxide that is safe for our skin and our ecosystem.